this first CD release by Oiltanker
Oiltanker – The Shadow Of Greed LP/Crusades 7″,With album The Shadow Of Greed and the Crusades 7″” previously only available on vinyl(there’s no real finesse here. This is basically an album crammed with white hot ranting nuggets that are gone almost as soon as they begin to form. Coma takes Minor Threat’s Screaming At A Wall as a starting point and barely moves from the spot bar some frantic soloing thrown into the mix (which somehow manages to recall early Sepultura). Who’s In Control rages uncontrollably as the guitars rampage Bad Brains style before kicking down a few gears and chugging through a riff that could easily have been culled from SOD’s Speak English Or Die.
Ignorant Bastards is a particular highlight) UK release date: this Oiltanker album is further evidence that it’s not just slow grinding doom that floats the label’s boat.
Admittedly D-Beat has been around for ages and shows no signs of dying out anytime soon. But while Oiltanker may not be doing anything new
By musicOMH | 3 September 2012
No related posts found...
- Haim @ Forum, London 12 December 2013
- 14 for ’14: 3. George Ezra 12 December 2013
- Los Campesinos! @ Heaven, London 11 December 2013
- L’Elisir D’Amore/Glyndebourne on Tour @ Theatre Royal, Plymouth 11 December 2013
- 14 for ’14: 2. Flowers 10 December 2013
- Intersect Festival @ Vortex/ Servant Jazz Quarters/ Café OTO, London 10 December 2013
- musicOMH’s Top 100 Albums of 2013: 1. John Grant – Pale Green Ghosts 9 December 2013
- musicOMH’s Top 100 Albums Of 2013: Full List and Playlist 9 December 2013