Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Barry has been a lover of music of all kinds since his very early years, but choral music is a particular passion; he has been singing with choirs of all varieties – from vocal quartets to 200-strong choruses – since the age of nine, and he has performed repertoire of many styles and periods from plainsong to Dove via Tavener, Monteverdi, Bach, Mozart, Verdi, Schoenberg, Rodgers, Porter, Stockhausen, Maxwell Davies and Whitacre. A holder of a Master’s degree in Arts Management, Barry has also been involved in musical management of a number of instrumental and choral groups, and for 13 years managed (and sang with) Collegium Musicum of London, for whom he promoted and organised concerts, and wrote dozens of programme notes. He currently sings with two small ensembles (one of which specialises in Renaissance polyphony), and devotes much of his spare time to listening to music and sampling the cultural melting-pot of London’s arts scene.
Articles by Barry Creasy
- Elbow – Giants Of All Sizes 15 Oct 2019
- 808 State’s Graham Massey: “When rave came along, I felt culturally and technologically equipped” – Interview 15 Oct 2019
- Un giorno di regno @ Cadogan Hall, London 14 Oct 2019
- Mark Lanegan Band – Somebody’s Knocking 14 Oct 2019
- Des’ree – A Love Story 13 Oct 2019
- The Silver Lake @ Hackney Empire, London 10 Oct 2019
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Ghosteen 9 Oct 2019