Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Barry has been a lover of music of all kinds since his very early years, but choral music is a particular passion; he has been singing with choirs of all varieties – from vocal quartets to 200-strong choruses – since the age of nine, and he has performed repertoire of many styles and periods from plainsong to Dove via Tavener, Monteverdi, Bach, Mozart, Verdi, Schoenberg, Rodgers, Porter, Stockhausen, Maxwell Davies and Whitacre. A holder of a Master’s degree in Arts Management, Barry has also been involved in musical management of a number of instrumental and choral groups, and for 13 years managed (and sang with) Collegium Musicum of London, for whom he promoted and organised concerts, and wrote dozens of programme notes. He currently sings with two small ensembles (one of which specialises in Renaissance polyphony), and devotes much of his spare time to listening to music and sampling the cultural melting-pot of London’s arts scene.
Articles by Barry Creasy
Stile Antico @ Wigmore Hall, London (Reviews)
Stockhausen: Stimmung @ Platform, London (Reviews)
Preview: Barbican Hall 2017-18 (Features)
BBC SO / Davis @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
Fabiano / Drake @ Wigmore Hall, London (Reviews)
Voces8 @ St John’s Smith Square, London (Reviews)
- Aidan Moffat & RM Hubbert @ Omeara, London 21 Aug 2019
- Sleater-Kinney – The Center Won’t Hold 21 Aug 2019
- Ride – This Is Not A Safe Place 21 Aug 2019
- Prom 40: Queen Victoria’s 200th Anniversary @ Royal Albert Hall, London 18 Aug 2019
- Friendly Fires – Inflorescent 16 Aug 2019
- Prom 38: Solomon’s Knot @ Royal Albert Hall, London 16 Aug 2019
- Prom 36: Late-Night Mixtape @ Royal Albert Hall, London 15 Aug 2019