Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Barry has been a lover of music of all kinds since his very early years, but choral music is a particular passion; he has been singing with choirs of all varieties – from vocal quartets to 200-strong choruses – since the age of nine, and he has performed repertoire of many styles and periods from plainsong to Dove via Tavener, Monteverdi, Bach, Mozart, Verdi, Schoenberg, Rodgers, Porter, Stockhausen, Maxwell Davies and Whitacre. A holder of a Master’s degree in Arts Management, Barry has also been involved in musical management of a number of instrumental and choral groups, and for 13 years managed (and sang with) Collegium Musicum of London, for whom he promoted and organised concerts, and wrote dozens of programme notes. He currently sings with two small ensembles (one of which specialises in Renaissance polyphony), and devotes much of his spare time to listening to music and sampling the cultural melting-pot of London’s arts scene.
Articles by Barry Creasy
BBC SO / Rundell @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
Tenebrae Consort @ King’s Place, London (Reviews)
Endymion / EXAUDI @ King’s Place, London (Reviews)
Stile Antico @ Wigmore Hall, London (Reviews)
LSO / Adams @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
Retrospective: BBC Proms 2015 (Features)
- Kelsey Lu, Japanese Television, Jenny Lewis… This Week In Gigs 22 Jul 2019
- Prom 1: BBC SO / Canellakis @ Royal Albert Hall, London 21 Jul 2019
- Drab Majesty – Modern Mirror 21 Jul 2019
- Doves @ Somerset House, London 19 Jul 2019
- Don Giovanni @ Longborough Festival Opera, Longborough 18 Jul 2019
- The Final Fling with Simon Keenlyside and Jazz Friends @ Grange Park Opera, West Horsley 17 Jul 2019
- Q&A: Africa Express – Moonchild Sanelly, Muzi and Poté on new album EGOLI 14 Jul 2019