Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
John-Pierre fell in love with music aged 12 when his music teacher forced the class to listen to one piece of classical music each week. He ended up listening to several each day, and has never stopped.
A former journalist, his main areas of musical interest include Baroque (especially the French repertoire) and twentieth century music. He particularly enjoys exploring the works of forgotten and neglected composers from both periods, including Delalande, Hasse, Szymanowski and Enescu. Definitely not a musical performer, John-Pierre is, however, studying for his music theory exams.
John-Pierre lives in east London. When not listening to, writing about and studying music, he works as a primary school teacher. He also enjoys writing short stories, and is currently researching a history of the swinging sixties.
Articles by John-Pierre Joyce
BBC SO / Knussen @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
Akhnaten @ Coliseum, London (Reviews)
BBC SO / Gabel @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
BBC SO / Davis @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
BBC SO / Alsop @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
Franco Fagioli @ Wigmore Hall, London (Reviews)
Bertrand Chamayou @ Wigmore Hall, London (Reviews)
BBC SO / Wit @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
Ehnes / Armstrong @ Wigmore Hall, London (Reviews)
Bristol Proms @ Bristol Old Vic, Bristol (Reviews)
- The Return of Ulysses @ Roundhouse, London 14 Jan 2018
- Shame – Songs Of Praise 13 Jan 2018
- Jaguwar – Ringthing 13 Jan 2018
- Salome @ Royal Opera House, London 9 Jan 2018
- Breaking the Rules @ LSO St Luke’s, London 8 Jan 2018
- Bach Christmas Oratorio @ St John’s Smith Square, London 24 Dec 2017
- Rigoletto @ Royal Opera House, London 24 Dec 2017
- musicOMH’s Top 50 Albums Of 2017 22 Dec 2017