Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Born in the year of our Lord 1986, Luke’s musical upbringing was a mixed one with The Rolling Stones, The Temptations, The Clash and Diana Ross being the main things thrown at his ears since birth from various audio outlets owned by his parents.
Though those artists are definitely still fixed in his musical library, he’s gone through obsessions with ’80s hardcore punk, Elliott Smith, Hefner, Neutral Milk Hotel, MF DOOM as well as a period of about three months where he listened to little more than early 20th century American country blues artists such as Blind Willie McTell and Elmore James.
His first gig may have been seeing 1970s Teddy-Boy revivalists Shawoddywoddy in a field near Luton in the pouring rain, but since the age of 16 his regular haunt has been Bedford’s premier hole-in-the-wall venue of Esquires which has recently hosted the likes of Metronomy, Los Campesinos! and Glasvegas. Outside of music his main interests include politics (in which he graduated with a BA in 2007), whisky and most sports except equestrianism (horse-dancing) and especially cricket.
Articles by Luke Slater
- The Return of Ulysses @ Roundhouse, London 14 Jan 2018
- Shame – Songs Of Praise 13 Jan 2018
- Jaguwar – Ringthing 13 Jan 2018
- Salome @ Royal Opera House, London 9 Jan 2018
- Breaking the Rules @ LSO St Luke’s, London 8 Jan 2018
- Bach Christmas Oratorio @ St John’s Smith Square, London 24 Dec 2017
- Rigoletto @ Royal Opera House, London 24 Dec 2017
- musicOMH’s Top 50 Albums Of 2017 22 Dec 2017