Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Maria spends, on an average day, half her time thinking about food, and the other half about dancing. She writes about the former in her day job, and when she's not at work, is often pondering such important matters as where to find the best looking cupcakes in London. Dancing was her first love as a child. The awkward teenage years soon put a stop to that – during which she preferred the teen angst of rock and metal – until she rediscovered it in a big way during university. To do, her absolute favourite is ballet: going en pointe is a painful but satisfying experience. To watch, she likes contemporary dance and the artistic freedom that goes with it. She started writing dance reviews because she can never stop talking. She also likes pre-Everything Must Go Manics and other 90s indie, Ben Folds, weird/surreal comedy and music festivals.
Articles by Maria Iu
Magia de la Danza @ Coliseum, London (Theatre)
Circa @ Barbican Theatre, London (Theatre)
Royal Ballet: As One / Rushes Fragments of a Lost Story / Infra @ Royal Opera House, London (Theatre)
TrAPPED @ Laban, London (Theatre)
Eonnagata @ Sadler’s Wells, London (Theatre)
- One For Keeps: Iggy Pop – Lust For Life 1 Jun 2020
- Janet Devlin – Confessional 1 Jun 2020
- Diplo – Diplo Presents Thomas Wesley, Chapter 1: Snake Oil 1 Jun 2020
- Jennifer Touch: “My need to play live is raw and pure” – Q&A 1 Jun 2020
- Jade Hairpins – Harmony Avenue 30 May 2020
- Teddy Thompson – Heartbreaker Please 29 May 2020
- Lady Gaga – Chromatica 29 May 2020