Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Sam Smith is an NHS Manager by day, and, for five years now, a reviewer by night. He covers opera, classical music and the occasional piece of jazz for musicOMH, and theatre and ballet for other websites. He has a PhD in Political History from Royal Holloway, University of London, and a particular love of Wagner. He fondly remembers going to Bayreuth at the age of seven to watch the entire Ring Cycle, and his signed book from Wolfgang and Gudrun remains one of his most cherished possessions. He is just at home, however, listening to a Handel oratorio, and loves the gargantuan Proms as much as the intimate Wigmore Hall. More generally, Sam has a wide ranging interest in the performing arts, art and architecture, and has been known to have spent more time in exhibitions on the Italian Renaissance or German Expressionism than it would take to see Götterdämmerung!
Articles by Sam Smith
The Silver Lake @ Hackney Empire, London (Reviews)
L’arlesiana @ Opera Holland Park, London (Reviews)
The Demon @ Queen Elizabeth Hall, London (Reviews)
- Elbow – Giants Of All Sizes 15 Oct 2019
- 808 State’s Graham Massey: “When rave came along, I felt culturally and technologically equipped” – Interview 15 Oct 2019
- Un giorno di regno @ Cadogan Hall, London 14 Oct 2019
- Mark Lanegan Band – Somebody’s Knocking 14 Oct 2019
- Des’ree – A Love Story 13 Oct 2019
- The Silver Lake @ Hackney Empire, London 10 Oct 2019
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Ghosteen 9 Oct 2019