Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Sam Smith is an NHS Manager by day, and, for five years now, a reviewer by night. He covers opera, classical music and the occasional piece of jazz for musicOMH, and theatre and ballet for other websites. He has a PhD in Political History from Royal Holloway, University of London, and a particular love of Wagner. He fondly remembers going to Bayreuth at the age of seven to watch the entire Ring Cycle, and his signed book from Wolfgang and Gudrun remains one of his most cherished possessions. He is just at home, however, listening to a Handel oratorio, and loves the gargantuan Proms as much as the intimate Wigmore Hall. More generally, Sam has a wide ranging interest in the performing arts, art and architecture, and has been known to have spent more time in exhibitions on the Italian Renaissance or German Expressionism than it would take to see Götterdämmerung!
Articles by Sam Smith
L’arlesiana @ Opera Holland Park, London (Reviews)
The Demon @ Queen Elizabeth Hall, London (Reviews)
Fantasio @ Garsington Opera, Wormsley (Reviews)
Agrippina @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
- Prom 38: Solomon’s Knot @ Royal Albert Hall, London 16 Aug 2019
- Prom 36: Late-Night Mixtape @ Royal Albert Hall, London 15 Aug 2019
- Prom 35: BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra / Brabbins @ Royal Albert Hall, London 15 Aug 2019
- Prom 34: West-Eastern Divan Orchestra / Barenboim @ Royal Albert Hall, London 15 Aug 2019
- Bon Iver – i,i 14 Aug 2019
- The Hold Steady – Thrashing Thru The Passion 13 Aug 2019
- SOPHIE @ Royal Festival Hall, London 12 Aug 2019