Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Sam Smith is an NHS Manager by day, and, for five years now, a reviewer by night. He covers opera, classical music and the occasional piece of jazz for musicOMH, and theatre and ballet for other websites. He has a PhD in Political History from Royal Holloway, University of London, and a particular love of Wagner. He fondly remembers going to Bayreuth at the age of seven to watch the entire Ring Cycle, and his signed book from Wolfgang and Gudrun remains one of his most cherished possessions. He is just at home, however, listening to a Handel oratorio, and loves the gargantuan Proms as much as the intimate Wigmore Hall. More generally, Sam has a wide ranging interest in the performing arts, art and architecture, and has been known to have spent more time in exhibitions on the Italian Renaissance or German Expressionism than it would take to see Götterdämmerung!
Articles by Sam Smith
Fantasio @ Garsington Opera, Wormsley (Reviews)
Agrippina @ Barbican Hall, London (Reviews)
Man of La Mancha @ Coliseum, London (Reviews)
Piramo e Tisbe @ Cadogan Hall, London (Reviews)
Preview: Longborough Festival Opera 2019 (Features)
- Psychedelic Porn Crumpets – And Now For The Watchamacallit 18 Jun 2019
- Hot Chip – A Bath Full Of Ecstasy 18 Jun 2019
- Black Midi – Schlagenheim 18 Jun 2019
- Bruce Springsteen – Western Stars 17 Jun 2019
- Don Carlo @ Grange Park Opera, West Horsley 17 Jun 2019
- Bill Callahan – Shepherd In A Sheepskin Vest 16 Jun 2019
- Festival Review: Field Day 2019 16 Jun 2019