Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Sam was born at the tail-end of the 80s in the South West of England. With the dramatic Cornish and Devon landscape seeping into his bones, he developed a love of myths, legends, and stories, no matter the medium. This evolved into a passion for music and film, the latter being the subject he studied for three years at Falmouth University. While there, he began covering local gigs for regional media before working his way up to the national music press. In 2011 he ran off to London with a suitcase and £50 to try and get a break as a music writer. He spent many months living on a smelly floor in Brixton. The following decade has seen him write for the likes of Clash, Vinyl Me Please, and Gold Flake Paint. He's been fortunate to interview a few of his black-clad heroes and has covered events in Serbia, Estonia, The Netherlands, and many other fine places. In his spare time, he enjoys Japanese literature and making a racket on his Jazzmaster.
Articles by Sam Walker-Smart
Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Barn (Album Reviews)
Nils Frahm – Old Friends New Friends (Album Reviews)
Riki – Gold (Album Reviews)
- Manchester Camerata and Jess Gillam bring magic and class to Nevill Holt Opera’s winter festival 5 Dec 2022
- Leftfield – This Is What We Do 2 Dec 2022
- Reissues Roundup: Low, Neil Young, Arthur Russell, Bryan Ferry 1 Dec 2022
- Stormzy – This Is What I Mean 1 Dec 2022
- It’s A Wonderful Life review: ENO serves up a festive helping of Americana 29 Nov 2022
- Terence Fixmer – Shifting Signals 29 Nov 2022
- LPO celebrates its 90th anniversary with Vaughan Williams and Tippett 28 Nov 2022