Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
Steven grew up in Newcastle upon Tyne, raised on a wholesome musical diet of The Smiths, R.E.M. and The Stone Roses (radical, huh?). Three years at university in Sheffield saw him make his first tentative foray into the world of music journalism, writing for the student newspaper. It is possible he spent almost as much time inside The Leadmill as he did inside lecture halls.
He pretty much decided to move to London one night in 1998 whilst watching Sparklehorse and Neutral Milk Hotel play a (literally life-changing) gig at the sadly defunct Newcastle Riverside, attracted by the bewilderingly heady prospect of being able to do this kind of thing ridiculously often. Which, once relocated in the capital, he promptly did.
He continues to obsess over bands like Teenage Fanclub, Mercury Rev, Yo La Tengo, Low & Tindersticks, whereas more recent musical predilections include modern classical, esoteric electronica and contemporary jazz.
Steven is on Twitter: @_SPJ_
Articles by Steven Johnson
Land Observations – The Grand Tour (Albums)
Circle Of Sound – Anti Hero (Albums)
Douglas Dare – Whelm (Albums)
Fatima Al Qadiri – Asiatisch (Albums)
Wye Oak – Shriek (Albums)
Inventions – Inventions (Albums)
Koen Holtkamp – Motion (Albums)
Aisha Orazbayeva – The Hand Gallery (Albums)
Polar Bear – In Each And Every One (Albums)
Hauschka – Abandoned City (Albums)
- The Return of Ulysses @ Roundhouse, London 14 Jan 2018
- Shame – Songs Of Praise 13 Jan 2018
- Jaguwar – Ringthing 13 Jan 2018
- Salome @ Royal Opera House, London 9 Jan 2018
- Breaking the Rules @ LSO St Luke’s, London 8 Jan 2018
- Bach Christmas Oratorio @ St John’s Smith Square, London 24 Dec 2017
- Rigoletto @ Royal Opera House, London 24 Dec 2017
- musicOMH’s Top 50 Albums Of 2017 22 Dec 2017