Here's everything published by this contributor on musicOMH.
For a music lover, living in Nashville, Tennessee is like being a glutton at a gourmet buffet. Zan has lived there since the early ’80s and has become incredibly spoiled by a wealth of musical riches in all genres. She finds it easy to love something in all of them, from Cajun to classical to country, from hip-hop to blues to high-lonesome bluegrass.
Being a visual learner as well as an auditory glutton, one of her special loves is opera. Many people first encounter opera through one of the workhorses of operatic repertoire such as Carmen or Rigoletto. Zan’s first opera was a somewhat less conventional one, Britten’s The Turn of the Screw. She was hooked immediately and has been consuming opera at a prodigious rate ever since.
In her non-musical life, Zan loves to read, write, hike, travel and bellydance. She has 36 houseplants, three dogs and four children, and is currently training to walk in her first marathon.
Articles by Zan Buckner
16 Blocks (Films)
Inside Man (Films)
Iolanthe, or The Peer and the Peri (Reviews)
- The Return of Ulysses @ Roundhouse, London 14 Jan 2018
- Shame – Songs Of Praise 13 Jan 2018
- Jaguwar – Ringthing 13 Jan 2018
- Salome @ Royal Opera House, London 9 Jan 2018
- Breaking the Rules @ LSO St Luke’s, London 8 Jan 2018
- Bach Christmas Oratorio @ St John’s Smith Square, London 24 Dec 2017
- Rigoletto @ Royal Opera House, London 24 Dec 2017
- musicOMH’s Top 50 Albums Of 2017 22 Dec 2017