You can make sure your message gets to the most appropriate member(s) of the team by contacting them directly. Email addresses are provided below.
Advertise on musicOMH
To advertise on musicOMH, contact us here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your writing on musicOMH
If you’d like to contribute to musicOMH, click here.
We receive lots of emails about writing for musicOMH. If we haven’t responded to you within three weeks of your original enquiry, feel free to contact us again. We only go through new writer applications a couple of times a year, so please don’t be disheartened if you don’t receive an immediate response.
Your artist, release or event on musicOMH
We have a growing number of features strands, including:
- This Music Made Me, in which established artists tell us about the albums that influenced them most
- Track-By-Track, in which established artists tell us about their new releases ahead of release date, sometimes accompanied by a stream of the release
- Why I Started…, in which individuals from across the music business tell us how they began doing what they do
- One For Keeps, in which our writers wax lyrical about an album that will always be dear to them
- Introducing…, in which we introduce a new or breaking act by means of a quickfire Q&A
- Spotlight, in which we look in depth at an album, artist or event series, or anything else music releated (film, book…) often as a means of covering reissues, anniversaries or reunions
- Preview, in which we preview festivals, seasons, and other matters for which a ‘pre’ works
- List, in which we, um, list things for whimsical ‘reasons’
We are always keen to hear pitches and suggestions for columns, one-off feature specials and one-off writers of a singular kind.
We review albums in longform ahead of their UK release date, and write more album reviews than any other article type. If your album has no prospect of a UK release date, is a compilation, or is not readily available to buy, it is unlikely to be reviewed. The vast majority of what we cover comes to us from artist representatives at PR companies and labels; we do not usually consider direct submissions.
We prefer to receive albums as downloads or, if necessary, CDs. To alert us about an upcoming album that you think we should be covering, contact us on email@example.com. Please include the album download URL. If you’d like to send us a CD instead, contact us for a postal address.
We cannot write about everything we are sent, but we do our best to cover releases that are of interest to the editor, at least one of our writers and, we hope, our readers.
New Music: Tracks/EPs/Videos/Singles
We are not currently covering unsolicited tracks, EPs, videos or singles.
To tell us about a showcase, a tour, a festival, or anything else that involves live music and could therefore fit in to our London gigs diary, or to invite us to review or take pictures of live music events of any kind in London, the UK and beyond, contact the live editor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classical and Opera
Send press releases and enquiries to the Classical Editor on email@example.com.