by Jamil Ahmad
Welcome to the Latin Quarter.Eight days, 100 bands, a sleepy town on the Med. The Benicassim organisers were on to a plan when they hatched this one 11 years ago.One of Europe’s most hedonistic festival…
by Tom Woods
Some would say that the perfect way to end the summer holidays is to discover that quiet corner of this much-trodden planet and wilfully pass away the days enjoying pristine nothingness.To many more, it is...
by Michael Hubbard
SXSW has become gargantuan. The music industry event and festival, held annually in Austin, Texas, attracted everyone from latest sensations Tapes’n’Tapes to that old timer Morrissey in 2006. But what if you don’t live in...
by Steve Hands
The inspiration of gig promoters Barry Hogan and Helen Cottage, the All Tomorrow’s Parties festivals at Camber Sands in Kent have been notable for avoiding the line-ups typical to ‘corporate festivals’. Choosing as curators artists...
by Barnaby Smith
Bert Jansch and his Pentangle as forefathers, the exotic, erratic, outrageously brilliant Incredible String Band occupying the lunatic fringe, resident larrikin John Martyn struggling to stand up, and then there is the epoch’s very own...
- Elton John @ BST Hyde Park, London 27 Jun 2022
- Martin Courtney – Magic Sign 27 Jun 2022
- Joan Shelley – The Spur 27 Jun 2022
- Tamerlano: A spiked cocktail of love, lust and power 26 Jun 2022
- Zola Jesus – Arkhon 25 Jun 2022
- The Barber of Seville is razor sharp at Nevill Holt Opera 25 Jun 2022
- Rusalka: Drown your sorrows in this lily pond 24 Jun 2022